Beginners Creative Writing CourseWith Olive O’Brien. Starting 09/07/2019
Our one-to-one Online Beginners Creative Writing Course is suitable for complete beginners and no writing experience is required. It’s also suitable if you haven’t written anything for a while and if you’d like to get back into a writing routine.
You will be given weekly notes and assignments to help you. Olive will read every assignment and will provide written feedback.
(1) Introduction – In the first week, we’ll look at how to find ideas, the importance of observation and the power of memory.
(2) Characterisation – Characters are often the reason we read in the first place and we need someone to identify with. In this module we’ll examine what makes successful characters in fiction.
(3) Point of View – Every piece of writing comes from a particular point of view. We’ll examine first person and third person in the third module.
(4) Plot and Endings – Whatever you’re writing, there will be a plot. We will also examine endings and some do’s and don’t’s!
(5) Dialogue, Settings – In the fifth module we’ll look at how to write effective dialogue. We’ll also examine setting.
(6) Revision and Getting Published – The final module deals with revision, how to improve your writing and get your work into print.
“The Beginners Writing Course consisted of well organised weekly modules that provided clear instruction with useful examples. The tutor, Olive, was always positive and promptly delivered detailed and constructive feedback. This is an excellent course for inspiring creativity and I would highly recommend it to new writers.” Rose Graham-Melbourne
Our cancellation/refund policy may be viewed here.